Friday, May 18, 2018

Feature Friday: Mother's Delight Wall Hangings

Welcome to my Feature Friday! Every week I'll feature new items and products from my shop, new designs, and new patterns. And I might even show some sneak peaks! Get that, it's new and it'll be a blast - come and join me!

Today's feature is the Mother's Delight Wall hanging. 


My mom is one of my biggest supporters. She pushes me to try things and just go for it!
Mom encourages me, challenges me, believes in me, and always cares about me. And she loves everything I create, which is always a confidence booster for this perfectionist. ;) 

I've been making things for my mom forever and she gets almost one of everything I create for my shop. I can't help it, I know she'll love it! When I started quilting I created my first wall hanging especially for her, then made another, then another.

Below is a country style hanging with the year my parents married on it. I used block patterns from the Farmer's Wife book. Great designs in it! I have plans to adapt this one for the shop in the future!




When I opened my shop I wanted to design a wall hanging especially with my mom in mind to dedicate to her and all she means to me. The traditional Mother's Delight wall hanging is created with purples - my mom's favorite color! :D (sorry the colors are a bit "off" in this photo, I'm working on getting a better quality picture).

This original version of Mother's Delight is available here in the shop!


A wall hanging is a beautiful piece of art to showcase in your home. Each of my wall hangings has three hanging tabs at the top to easily slide onto a curtain rod, which you can purchase from any home store inexpensively. This way you can change out wall hangings seasonally! And all of my products include my permanent washing instructions tag on the back.



Now I have two NEW color schemes for you in the shop!
This is Summer Burst. Fresh, vibrant color full of the warmth of the summer sun. I think this has been my favorite to create so far. The colors are so cheery and the fabrics are sweet, but simple, and not too flashy.



I've quilted each section in a different way to add texture and highlight the colors. Bubbles, swirls, diamonds, and loops are just a few of the patterns. When the fabrics and pattern design are simple, that's when I play up the quilting! :D




Mother's Delight Country Scheme is filled with love! ;D Of course!
Beautiful country plaids and heart fabrics are showcased with navy, tan, and burgundy for that homey feel. Then I free-quilted this lovely wall hanging with wavy swirls all over. This version is wonderful year-round for certain.


Love those details!


Thanks for stopping by today for Feature Friday, and I hope you had some fun!
Be sure to stop by my Odds n Ends shop for table runners, mug rugs, these lovely wall hangings, seasonal decor and more! ;)

Don't forget to share on your favorite social media sites!

Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!


Have a lovely weekend!
~Rachel~

1 comment:

  1. Love you daughter and I love all your work. You do real quality quilting... with lots of LOVE thrown in

    ReplyDelete